Friday, April 2, 2010

Shepherd's Cost

Hey everyone that cares, thanks for reading.
Just letting ya know that I really
dont have an agenda for this blog except my random thoughts, rants and ramblings! Oh and alliteration! So, this blog might be a little choppy but here we go:

So, the beginning of the blog was grace, and not a girl's name or like a ballerina. Last night, sitting high above the plains I was struggling deeply with my sin and shame of that sin! It truly was a Romans 7 experience, some of you know what
im talking about and if you dont, go read it, it will rock ur boat! Anyway, as my soul was tearing my body and mind apart, something told me to pick the Word! At that moment, though my very nature tried to arm-bar me, I picked it up and turned to Psalm 23. I will have to write it out to emphasize, as best with words, what tore my soul asunder!

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for
his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
I will fear no evil,
for
you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

If you notice, which you should because I italicized the pronouns before verse 4 and then bolded them after verse 4. The major change in the pronouns, with the amazing, persistent grace of the Holy Spirit became very obvious to me! This is the part that is difficult to put in words. At that very moment, my soul broke and saw my own efforts as so wasted. Now, i know you have heard this story before, for many people come to this point, but at that moment three months of working my salvation out by my plans, strategies and pleasures. These words have become a milestone, for the grace and mercy I felt upon that place, was not of this world and was untainted by my nature or desires. The purest touch I have ever received from my Savior! And I will continue to realize from this day forward that "apart from me you can do nothing" but "I will fear no evil, for you are with me."

Well, I know this has been a crazy post and I would apologize but this is the story of why this blog even exists. For it was as clear as I could ever see, that this experience must be shared. For in our day and age the lie of Satan is to be individualistic, lone-wolf and self-sufficient in our faith. So, upon my conviction I will be as transparent as the Lord allows in these posts. But know that getting close to me and sharing your life with me, is beyond this blog.

Well to end this ongoing rant (told ya so) I will say in honor of Good Friday: All glory goes to Jesus, the Son of God and Man for drinking the cup of suffering and wrath that was due for all humanity. He took on the form of not only lowly man, but was "marred beyond human semblance" and hung upon a tree for the flies and birds, in His own nation, by His own people's hands and FOR His own people's reconciliation. THAT is the scandal of the Cross of Christ, remember it this day and always, for it will bring you to where you need to be . . . on your knees in front of the throne!

O the Love,
the arch-sinner Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment